Monday, November 1, 2010

The Calm in the Midst of the Storm

                                     


April 2005 A Junkyard in Jacksonville, FL

Psalms 33:21 NIV
"In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name."

In April 2005, we were in a head on collision. We were hit by a pickup truck. All of us were injured to some degree, and our van was totalled.


As our 8 year old daughter and I sat on the grass by the side of the road watching the EMTs carrying my husband into the back of the ambulance, she began to shake and cry with fear. I wrapped my arms around her and began to pray. I asked for peace and strength to wash over her during this difficult time.


Her tears subsided and her breathing became normal.


Once we were at the hospital and separated, I was concerned about how she would react on her own. However, several nurses came back to the trauma unit to tell me she was remarkably calm for her age. They were amazed at how well she was handling the emergency.


I knew then God was with our baby. His spirit of peace and strength had surrounded her and given her the ability to act older than her years that evening.


God took care of our daughter for us until family and friends arrived to care for her while our injuries were being treated.


In the midst of our confusion, injuries, and pain, God provided a sanctuary for the littlest victim of the wreck and took care of her until help could arrive.
-----------------------------------------------------
Thank you, Lord, for being with us when we are vulnerable and need you most.

No comments:

Post a Comment