Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Red Skies Heading My Way

Somewhere in the Atlantic Ocearn at Sunset
 Matthew 16:2-3 NIV
"He replied, "When evening comes, you say, 'It will be fair weather, for the sky is red,' and in the morning, 'Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.' You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times."

The further away a person is from a problem, the easier to fix it. I am never at a loss to find people who tell me what I need to do to fix a problem, nor am I at a loss to tell someone else how to solve theirs. What is not surprising is how few of us take each other's advice.


We have invited someone to come to our house tomorrow to help us solve a problem we have. I hope she will come. We could benefit from her perspective.  I am curious to see how she will handle our particular problem.


Red skies at night or red in the morning. 


I asked a shrimp boat captain once what he thought of that saying, and he didn't put much stock in it.  All I know is, they make for some gorgeous sunsets and sunrises.


I hope tomorrow when the sun sets, my problem will be closer to being fixed than it is right now.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Lord, Thank you for the beauty of dramatic, fiery, red skies that light our souls with your glory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment