Thursday, November 11, 2010

Facing Life

Angel Statue in Cemetery, Brunswick, Georgia


Psalms 23:4 NIV
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

This year too many of our family and friends have passed away. I know they are with God, but as the holidays approach, we are left missing them.

It's easy to slip into depression around the holidays, and with the current economic situation, many people are facing the blackness of depression who aren't used to it.

I have to work each day to lift myself up. I try to read inspirational stories and passages in addition to praying, but still it's easy to slip into a gray funk if I'm not careful.

Therefore, the challenge for me right now is all about how I face life.

It's about getting up each morning, driving to work, and handling the challenges and
expectations there.

It's about the fears and stress of measuring up to the demands of the bosses.

It's about trying to do my best for my students and meeting their needs. It’s about believing in them even when they don't believe in themselves.

It's about the desire to be the best wife and mom possible but afraid I'll let them down. It's about facing my personal fears and insecurities.

This is the valley of life I walk through each day.

To maneuver through the path, I have to lean on God and depend on Him. I need His comfort to survive.

Tomorrow is a new day with new challenges. I know I'll need Him more than ever.
------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Lord, thank you for walking the path of life with us all.

1 comment: