Sunday, October 31, 2010

Click Your Heels Three Times

Sunday Sunshine October 31, 2010
 
1 Chronicles 16:43 NIV
"Then all the people left, each for his own home, and David returned home to bless his family."

October makes me nostalgic. It's the color change of foliage. The nip in the air that cuts my breath in two.  Homecoming festivities. 
I miss "home."

Robert Frost once wrote, "Home is the place where, when you have to go there, They have to take you in."

At this time of year I think of my childhood home. My brother and sister still live near where we grew up in Ohio. At times it seems my childhood home is a fading memory, but I will always remember how blessed we were to be raised in a home by parents who loved us in all situations.

When I first arrived in Georgia, my marriage ended, and I had to redefine what home would look like. For two years it was a son and two cats. Then, my home included a husband, a son, and two cats.

Now, after 19 years of marriage, home includes a husband, a daughter, an exchange student, a grown son, who has moved out of the house, and 4 cats.

Through all these transformations of “home,” we have experienced laughter, tears, joy and sorrow. The common bonds that saw us through it all?

Faith, love, and prayer.
We would not have survived life without these.

Whenever we are weak in spirit, it seems family and friends step in at just the right time to lift us up and surround us in faith, love and prayer.

Our home is blessed by those who watch over us just as my parents’ home was when I was a child.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you, Lord, for each family member and friend we include in this, our blessed home.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment