Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I am Ostrich: Hear me Squawk!

Animal Kingdom Resort, July 2010
                       

Psalms 28:7 NIV
"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."


When I sing, no one wants to hear me. It’s no secret I can’t carry a tune. If I stand next to a strong alto, I can probably fake a sound that may pass for a tune, but for the most part, I lip-sync.


When life starts to get me down, though, I turn to song.


These days, I'm going way back to the “comfort music” of my early childhood when I cuddled on my mom and dad's laps or snuggled up next to my grandparents on a church pew.


We'd sing the old hymns like, "How Great Thou Art," "It is Well with My Soul," "Amazing Grace," and "A Mighty Fortress is our God.”


These songs are my refuge and fill my heart with joy. I love to sing, even if it hurts ears around me to hear the music.


The headlines on the news fill me with sadness, and sorrows flow over me all too quickly. Someone once told me I was a "bleeding heart." I never knew what to make of that comment.  I do care about others, and yes, sometimes to the point of being out of balance. That’s when I need to step back and hand it to God.


Thank goodness there’s God to look over us. How could we get up in the morning without Him in our lives?


As I sing off key, I give my worries to the ONE who is in control of the universe.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you, Lord, for watching over our lives and this lost world, which needs You so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment