Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Give Thanks in All Circumstances

June 2010, St. Simons Island, Georgia, Summer Thunderstorm
1 Thessalonians 5:18 NIV 
"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

Sometimes on our walks of life, we face strange and unexpected twists, and before we know it, we trip over obstacles we didn't see ahead of us, fall upside down, and are looking up at the sky wondering how we ended up flat on our backs when we had just moments ago been in perfect control of our days.

The false sense of being in control over my life has gotten me confused many times. Once I realize God is in control of my life and relinquish control to Him, then everything falls into place.

When I face difficulties in life, I try hard to thank God.  The difficulties I have in life are usually His way of telling me I have lost focus, and He wants to redirect my path. Or, the difficulties are His way of causing me to rely more on His strength to survive.

However, every major shake-up of my life has come at some emotional expense, but at the end of the change process, my life and relationship with God has improved.

I know people wonder why we should thank God for difficulties, but He is with us in these times and uses them for our improvement. Yes, they often come at a cost, but we grow in faith through them.

Let us remember to thank God for all events in our lives, even the most difficult ones we have to bear.
------------------------------------------------
Thank you, Lord, for walking with us, carrying us, wrapping Your arms around us through all circumstances of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment