Monday, November 8, 2010

All Good Gifts Come from Above

Worker bees in spring 2009 in the mountains of Turkmenistan
 

Exodus 35:35 NIV
"He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as craftsmen, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers--all of them master craftsmen and designers."

My husband is a talented preschool teacher. Sunday mornings he sits on the floor in his classroom surrounded by three and four year olds as they sing songs, pray, discuss their lesson, create crafts, and splurge on the all important bribe, er, I mean, snacks at the end of class.

I, however, hesitate to enter the room unless I count fewer children than adults. When he was averaging 17 students a week and had a full-time assistant teacher, I stayed clear of him. Now he has on average two or three students a week because the others moved up a grade.  I can enter his room without being overwhelmed by the energy level in there.

God has blessed us all with gifts to reach others in this world. My talent to teach writing allowed me to travel to a remote country overseas to work with English teachers. I’ve had many adventures because of the ability God gave me to teach communication skills to others.

The challenge is, though, once we have figured out what gifts God has given us, deciding what we will do with them to serve the Lord.

We need to use God’s gifts. It would be sad, when we meet Him, to have Him ask how much we enjoyed His gifts, only to tell Him we never unwrapped them.
--------------------------------------------------------
Dear Lord, thank you for the talents you bestow upon us throughout our lives, and let us be open to unwrapping new gifts for our lives, no matter how old we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment