Sunday, March 13, 2011

He Sings Joyfully Over Me

 
A Bee Buzzing Joyfully
Brunswick, GA
March 2011
 
Zephaniah 3:17 KJV
"The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing."
 
Dad strained to pull the Red Flyer wagon up the hill with all three of us kids in it. We were headed to a farmhouse not far from where we lived to buy fresh produce.
 
There weren't many cars traveling on the road that afternoon, so it must have been a weekend. Lucky for us, too, because my dad, ever the practical joker, had plans in mind.
 
As he reached the crest of the hill, he released the handle of the wagon, and down we flew out of control until the wagon came to rest at the bottom of the hill in the weeds on the side of the road. Dad roared in laughter from the top of the hill. 
 
We screamed so hard on our journey down, I suspect it took a few minutes to collect ourselves and start the trip back up dragging the wagon behind us.
 
My dad loved us, but he also loved a good laugh. We kids provided many of his laughs. 
 
I'll always remember when I had a headache at my grandfather's funeral. I asked dad for an aspirin; he didn't have one, so he asked his cousin for one. She proceeded to lay hands on him and pray for his healing--assuming he was the one who had the headache.
 
I was the one who had the laugh on dad that time.
 
It's nice to know that not only is God a mighty God, but He sings in joy over me. I'm sure He doesn't set me up like my dad did to get a cheap laugh, but He does appreciate the good times in my life and rejoices with me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you Lord, for having such an intimate concern about my life that you sing joyfully for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment