Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thirty Pieces of Paper

An Evening Star Shines Above Charleston, S.C.
November 2011

Matthew 6:8 NIV
"Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him."

John called to me from the guest room where we have our computer and printer set up. "Lori, do we have any more computer paper? Mama needs to print out her ticket." 

His mom will leave for St. Louis in a week and wanted to get her papers in order.  It was 7:00, and we had settled in around the television for the evening.  I didn't know if we had paper or not, but I knew where our hiding places were.  We keep paper on a little stand beside the computer. Sometimes left over paper is placed on top of the stand.

I flipped through photo paper looking for a scrap or two of computer paper. Thankfully his mom only needed a couple pieces.  I looked all around for several minutes.  Finally, as I gave up, my eyes landed on a nearly empty pack of computer paper that had almost slipped behind the desk.

What a relief! John printed the ticket information, and we went back to our routine.

An hour later, we heard Allison calling, "Daddy, do we have any computer paper?"  She was trying to print a school project for a friend who didn't have a printer. It's due tomorrow.

John and I looked at each other and groaned as he got up to see what she needed.  Thirty pages!  I shook my head in disbelief as I listened to them talk in the other room.  John and I had just searched everywhere in there. How could he find thirty spare pieces of paper?  We barely had two for his mother.

After a few minutes I heard John laugh and come back into the living room.  He had found a stack of computer paper on top of the PC.  We hadn't seen it an hour ago and have no idea where it came from.

It was just enough to print thirty pages for my daughter's friend.
----------------------------------
Thank you Lord for providing for our needs, no matter how great or small.

2 comments: