Friday, June 3, 2011

Expect Miracles





I Think it's a Miracle Mushrooms Grow on Trees
Wilderness Conservancy, Rye N.Y October 2010

Mark 11:22 NIV
"Have faith in God," Jesus answered.

"Expect Miracles!"

These words appeared in June's Guideposts magazine, which I read at my doctor's office this past Tuesday. 

The article was about a couple who reclaimed their mint farm from foreclosure. Every shipment to their customers is stamped with the phrase "Expect Miracles" before it leaves the farm.

I decided to adopt that phrase for a week to see how it impacted my life. I received an answer later that same day.

The first chance I had to use it was at my hairdresser's. At first glance, I could tell she was upset. 

She asked about my trip to Oregon this week and about John and Allison, but she was clearly not herself.

Finally she confided, "Please pray for me. I have taken on a major task at church with the youth, and I don't feel like I have the energy for it. It's such a big job. I need others to help me, but they are in their own world right now. I have important decisions to make right now concerning youth camp, and I don't know what to do."

As she let the color in my hair set, I had private time to pray. I've known her for several years, and she has been quite active with the children and youth program. However, now she was tired and needed support.

I prayed for her and the youth program. I prayed for a helper to assist her.

As an afterthought, I asked God for a message to tell her. Immediately, I saw hands appear before me. I was confused, so I asked again. I wanted a voice to talk to me. I needed a concrete and tangible message. Once more, I saw hands pressed together as if in prayer.

When my friend returned, I told her I'd talked to God on her behalf. She thanked me for the prayer. However, when I told her I had a message from God for her, she looked at me expectantly but confused.

"I think I'm supposed to tell you you're the Hands and Feet of Christ. God knows the work you're doing, and He is with you. Expect miracles."

She teared up. She told me she needed to hear those words.

I didn't understand the message when I saw it because it was designed for her.

God gives us what we need at exactly the appropriate time, and He never leaves us without Hope.

Since Tuesday, I have experienced more miraculous moments. I like this philosophy and plan to expect miracles all the time now.
----------------------------------------------
Thank you, Lord, for the power of prayer and for answering prayer in such a personal way.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That's powerful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes. DogMom. It has changed my attitude this week. I am more daring and trusting of God and willing to take spiritual risks more. What a great phrase.

    Let me know what miracles come to you today! :)

    --Lori

    ReplyDelete