Sunday, May 15, 2011

Well Done!

We're Proud of the Bride
May 2010

Matthew 3:17 KJV
"And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."

"I'm proud of you, Lori," beamed John yesterday as we looked at an advance copy of June's issue of Guideposts magazine that contains my first  published article that I was ever paid for. I am now a "professional" writer. I never imagined anyone would ever pay me to write.

This morning at church, my church family told me how proud they were of me. I was humbled to be recognized for my work by those whom I love and admire so much.

My daughter, Allison, has worked on personal health goals this year. We remind her daily how proud we are of her.

My seniors have finished classes. They'll graduate this Friday. Last Friday, one of my girls was more emotional than usual. She explained what happened to her:

I sat on the porch with mom and dad last night. They told me how proud they were that I'd finished school even though the odds had been against me. I started to cry. How come you wanna be grown so bad, and now that it's here, you don't wanna leave home?

Recognition of a job well done makes a person feel good and causes others to be inspired as well.  Although the bitter sweetness of graduation can temporarily overshadow personal accomplishment.

My hope one day is to hear the Lord say, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

The ultimate validation of my life will be in those words.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Lord, help me make you proud everyday of my life.

2 comments: