Sunday, April 3, 2011

2011 Spring Break


Turkmenistan Booth
SCAD International Students Festival
April 2, 2011
                                                 

Genesis 2:2 NIV
"By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work."

Spring Break ended tonight.

While I enjoyed the fleeting sense of living for myself for a week, it's time to face the world of work and bosses, parents and students again. 


With roughly six weeks of classes left, my seniors will be more focused on grades and passing my class, while the sophomores may decide they want to make it out of 10th grade English the first time they take it.

Crunch time. I feel the stress of it already as I sit here contemplating the week. It stands in stark contrast to the lazy days of Spring Break.

What did I do? Nothing of significance. I wrote a little. I rested a lot. I enjoyed naps during the refreshing rains we received in South Georgia. Wildfires raged a couple weeks ago, so rain was desperately needed to get those under control.

Yesterday my family and I played "dress up" to help my friend, Akmyrat, at the Savannah College of Art and Design for the International Students Festival. Akmyrat is the only student at SCAD from Turkmenistan, so we dressed up to help him in his booth. 

I took several items I had brought back with me from my trips to decorate his booth, and we educated tourists and locals about Turkmenistan.

Ah--Spring Break. Nice rest.

Even God took time to rest after making the world. It's interesting Genesis mentions God rested after all the stress of his work week.  Nothing like a day or week to recover lost energy and motivation.  

And now--it's back to work.
----------------------------------
Help me, Lord, as I reenter the workforce. Let my mind and spirit be strong and sharp.

No comments:

Post a Comment