Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Welcome to Encircled by the Rainbow

In 1988 I flew from Lexington, Kentucky, with fifty dollars in my pocket that a friend gave me, to Darien, Georgia, where I would begin my teaching career. That was the only money in the world I had. I was in a failing marriage and hoped the move south would save it. I was mistaken.


I had no friends or relatives in Georgia. The school's principal had reluctantly arranged for me to stay with an elderly woman who served on the county's board of education. The principal was to meet me at the airport to drive me to my temporary quarters.


I was nervous. I wondered how God would help me find strength to get through the many challenges I faced. I was moving to the deep south, a rural area,  from Cincinnati, Ohio, not a large city, but still a metropolis compared to Darien.


I prayed a long time on the trip south as I looked out the window at the cummulus clouds we flew over. I was gazing out the window lost in thought when I noticed the black shadow of the plane projected below us onto the white clouds.


I looked closer at a sight I never expected to see. A perfect rainbow had formed around the shadow of the plane. As we flew south to Darien, my plane was encircled by God's love and promise to never forget me. I knew then that whatever the future held, God would walk the path with me.


I hope this blog site will be a place where we can meet in God's safe arms and think about the wonders and miracles of His world.


My prayer for you today is that the Lord will bless you and keep you and hold you in the palm of His hand.


May you feel his peace and love every time you see a rainbow in the sky.

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and such an eloquent way to introduce your new blog. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea this was the beginning of your Georgia teaching journey. Am looking forward to reading your blog often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog, & I am so grateful!
    What I've looked trough has really inspired me.
    I can't wait to spend more time reading & growing. Thank You so much for all the rainbows. I'm sending you one today. :)
    GOD speed & blessings.
    Miiam C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Miriam. I need all the rainbows I can gather in life. I am glad you are able to find inspiration here inside the rainbow.

    God bless you.

    Blessings!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete