Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Season of Life

A Time to Blossom

 Ecclesiastes 3

A Time for Everything
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:

a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up,  a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.



It's time to grow again. I have been stagnant in my sorrow for two and a half months, and nothing but misery greeted me there.

Today, as Allison and I rounded our street corner to home, we were stopped short by police cars, the county coroner, and yellow crime scene tape wrapped around our neighbor's house. He died on his front porch apparently trying desperately to enter the house.  As he lost consciousness, he scraped his arm along the tabby exterior of his home.  His dried blood, now a dark brown stain on the house, was a silent testament of the pain he endured at the end.

Life turns on a dime.

My neighbor's sudden death shows me I must continue to write through my pain. I may yet have something to contribute to the world with God's wisdom guiding me. 

It has been difficult to consider returning to this blog, yet I remain confident I am Encircled by the Rainbow of God's loving promises of glories.

The Season of Life is now.
----------------------------------------
Lord, help me rise to your vision for my life.  I see through the glass darkly. Give me perception to see your truths.

2 comments:

  1. Lori, what a beautiful prayer- so simple and so eloquent. Thank you. I just stumbled on your blog and I love it. I am sorry to learn of the death your son Russell. But I enjoyed reading about your honest struggle for spiritual growth. I can "relate"! Please keep blogging. Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Michele, for your kind words of encouragement. I won't abandon this blog. I have been away from home the past 3 weeks, and once I return, I will write again. I'm humbled that my words have touched you. God bless you!

    --Lori

    ReplyDelete