Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Learning to Walk Again


The Full Moon Sets at the Start of a New Day

Isaiah 41:13
"For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."

I am afraid. Afraid of questions I can't answer. Students who mean well will ask me questions that will cause me to cry. Colleagues will whisper behind my back.  I am afraid.

I need to go back to work. I know I can't heal until I establish a routine again. But how will life ever flow as it used to before his death? 

Birds fill the sky during the day, and stars fill the sky at night. I feel empty. I want to feel the freedom of the soaring birds and the light of the stars inside me.

Fear cannot keep me Earthbound. I need to stretch out my soul and face the crowds. I trust God is holding my hand helping me learn how to walk again.
--------------------------------------
Please Lord, continue to hold my hand. I am weak and afraid of falling.

2 comments: